A dental crown is used to cover or “cap” a damaged tooth to restore its original form and function. We may suggest that one, or multiple, of your teeth needs to be restored through crown placement not only to help you regain your natural, beautiful smile but also to ensure it is strong enough to protect against future damage!
There are several different types of material that can be used to create a durable and long-lasting dental crown. We may suggest metal alloys, ceramics, porcelain, composite resin, or a combination of these materials depending on your tooth’s location and gum position. You may be able to offer your personal preference as we are working to determine the best material for your case, but these options are available to offer the best form and functionality with your individual health needs. No matter what material we choose for your dental crown, you can rest assured that all of these resilient materials make it easy to quickly get back to your normal daily routine.
Why You May Need a Dental Crown:
There are multiple dental issues that would cause the need for us to mold and place a crown on one of your teeth.
- If you have a cavity that is too large for a filling to fix.
- If you are missing a tooth and need to replace it with a dental bridge.
- If you need to cover a dental implant.
- If you have a tooth that has cracked, decayed, or is suffering from any other wear and tear that has made it weak.
- If you have had a root canal treatment we can use a dental crown to cover and protect that restoration.
We can also use a dental crown solely for cosmetic purposes if you have any teeth that you would want to improve the color or shape of to improve your overall smile!